Red clover is a legume rich in isoflavonoid phytoestrogens including: genistein, daidzein, formononetin, and biochanin A. These compounds support critical hormone levels within both men and women. Phytoestrogens support health by:
- Binding to estrogen receptors and prevent the body from producing estradiol.
- Boosting progesterone expression and help the body normalize estrogen to progesterone ratio.
- Decreasing cholesterol and support the liver in detoxifying the blood and converting excess estradiol into estriol.
- Acting as antioxidants.
- Inhibiting the formation of new blood vessels (that feed abnormal cells).
- Increasing several enzymes that prevent DNA adducts and decrease cellular damage and aging.